Apply before March 15th to promote the good practices from your agency in the 10th Week of Innovative Regions in Europe (WIRE), co-organised by the RDA Nord Est and DG Research of the European Commission on 26 – 28th of June 2019, in Iasi, Romania.
The 10th edition of the WIRE conference is organized under the agenda of the Romanian EU Council Presidency 2019, by North-East Regional Development Agency with the support of European Commission, Directorate General for Research, Technology and Innovation and the Ministry for Research and Innovation in Romania. For economic development practitioners this one of the most interesting events each year about research and innovation of regions in Europe. More than 200 participants are expected.
The event is timely as most of the details of draft of EU programmes for the 2021-2027 will be already known. It will give you the opportunity to fine tune your instruments to have better innovation ecosystems. Finally if you are selected as speaker or moderator you would promote your agency and your travel costs will be covered.
The organisers are looking for:
– Policy makers (national and regional) for research and innovation, regional development, smart specialization
– Managing practitioners for programs and projects in research and innovation, higher education, regional development
– Managing experts from universities, research organizations, technology transfer and business support organizations
– Romanian innovative companies with outstanding achievements in industries with potential for smart specialization, like TIC, biotechnologies, new materials, energy and healthy living.
– Certified trainers with experience in IPR and commercialization of research
– Certified trainers with experience in innovation management in SMEs
The topics of the conference are the following:
– From regional excellence to European and global value chains:
– Innovation for economic transformation
– Higher education for innovation
You can submit your expression of interest until 15th of March 2019, 16.00 CET. All speakers will be notified on their selection status by e-mail.