- This event has passed.
IEDC – The Great Reset #3: Race and the Role of Economic Development to Foster Equity
August 11/1:30 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
We are living through truly unprecedented times during which social, race and health issues are converging in a way that has everyone’s attention. How do we make sure that we come out on the other side of these combined issues better than where we started? In this IEDC supported third installment of the Great Reset webinar series, we will explore the issue of race disparity in the pandemic response, business success and entrepreneurship. More specifically, our panelists will delve deeper into the role of economic development professionals in creating social equity, opportunity and dismantling racism.
Over the course of the webinar, we’ll cover:
– Black and white-owned businesses by the numbers
– Strategies to encourage black-owned business entrepreneurship
– The COVID 1619 pandemic response
– Examples of DEI programs that work
– Ideas to foster equity moving forward