Learning initiative with the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development
Cultivating Forward-Thinking and Future Literacy in Regional Development Agencies: two free online workshops open to all EURADA members, and a special session at the EURADA - OECD Winter School 2024
The EURADA secretariat is pleased to announce the special learning initiative on "Cultivating Forward-Thinking and Future Literacy in Regional Development Agencies" that we are organising together with our colleagues from the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development. The initiative is divided into two parts: an online segment with two online workshops and an in-person gathering at 2024 Winter School for Regional Development Agencies. We invite you to be a part of this exciting learning experience.
The main objective is to make professionals working for the regional development agencies aware of the importance of anticipatory approaches to local development and in particular strategic foresight which can help them anticipate potential future challenges and opportunities.
In today's rapidly changing world, regional development agencies play a pivotal role in shaping the future of their regions. The ability to anticipate and adapt to emerging trends and challenges is crucial. The workshops will equip the participants with the tools and insights they need to stay ahead in regional development. The online workshops are free of charge and open to all EURADA members and non-members.
Key Session Highlights:
- Explore future literacy as a vital skill for regional development
- Understand the role of forward-thinking in driving sustainable regional development
- Engage in interactive workshops and discussions
- Network with peers
- Gain hands-on experience
Dates: 16 and 23January 2024 from 14:00 to 16:30 CET
Format: Virtual via Zoom and Miro
Content: Two half-day workshops will provide an introduction to strategic foresight for regional development, foresight tools and group exercises.
Registration: open to all and free of charge
Workshop 1: Introduction to strategic foresight for regional development
- Future awareness
- Defining strategic foresight for regional development
- Framing, visioning, managing the change
- Foresight exercise:
- Spotting the change
- Future visioning
- Navigating the change and transition
Workshop 2: Drivers of change and foresight methods
- Trends and drivers of change
- Foresight tools and methods
- Foresight exercise (cont.):
- Vision of a desirable future
- Positive signals
- Supporting existing innovative processes and dynamics in the current system
- Key aspects and features of the current system that will be maintained in the future
- Progressive destruction of the present system
A session at the 2024 EURADA - OECD Winter School for Local Development Agencies
Date: 27 February 2024
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Registration opens soon
Workshop 3: Navigating the futures
- Lessons learnt from two online workshops
- Overview of foresight methods and tools (cont.)
- Foresight exercise in groups
- Reflecting on the experience of foresight at regional level
How to Register:
Participation in the workshops is open to professionals working for (regional) development agencies. Registration for the online workshops is separate from the registration for the Winter School. Please note that non-EURADA members who attend both online workshops will be entitled to a reduced fee for the Winter School. Two online workshops are free of charge.
Registration for two online workshops closes on 9 January 2024 and places are limited.
To register for the online workshops, please fill in this online form: EUSurvey - Survey (europa.eu)
If you have any questions or require further information, please feel free to reach out to Giacomo Frisanco from EURADA and/or Dr. Katerina Ciampi Stancova from the OECD Trento Centre for Local Developement team.
Join us in this exciting journey to enhance your regional development expertise and contribute to a more sustainable and resilient future for your region. We look forward to welcoming you to the foresight online workshops and the Winter School for Regional Development Agencies!